Laborer, Temp Casual, Lloydminster, AB
Under the supervision of the Branch Manager and/or Field Supervisor, the Labourer will be responsible for helping around the site with loading and unloading materials and moving them to work areas, as well as other physical duties.
|Reports to||Branch Manager and/or Field Supervisor|
|Location or Area||Lloydminster, AB|
- Help around the site with loading and unloading materials and moving them to work areas.
- May perform some specialized tasks which may require on the job training.
- Perform various physical duties as assigned.
- Assisting with the set up and take down of tank farms.
- Other duties as required.
- Travel as required to service equipment to meet customer’s needs.
- Communicate with Strad employees to ensure operations flow seamlessly. This will involve communicating with Dispatch, Billing Administrators, other Field Service Technicians and Supervisors and Management.
- Fill in appropriate field paperwork when required to do so by Field Supervisor.
- Fill in necessary computer databases when required to do so by Field Supervisor.
- Follow Company Policies and Procedures and adhere to Company Safety Standards and Safety Manual.
Knowledge, Education, Skills & Qualifications
- Previous oilfield experience preferred.
- Experience with setup, repair and maintenance of related oilfield equipment an asset.
- Desire to provide top service for customers.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; able to relate well with customers and coworkers.
- Clean drivers abstract.
- Safety courses and related tickets are required (WHMIS, First Aid, H2S).
- Must be able to work alone.
- Be free of drugs and/or alcohol.
- Requires strenuous activity – walking, bending, crouching and standing for long periods of time; must also be able to lift up to 100lbs.
- Must be mentally alert at all times.
- Ability to drive for extended periods of time safely in varying weather conditions.
- Work in outdoor weather conditions in wet and extreme cold.
Health and Safety
- Take reasonable care to prevent harm to themselves
- Consider the potential for harm to others or the environment that may be caused by their acts or omissions
- Work in accordance with information and training provided
- Refrain from intentionally misusing or recklessly interfering with anything that has been provided for Health, Safety and Environmental reasons
- Report any hazardous defects in plant, equipment and workplace, or shortcomings in the existing controls, to a responsible person without delay.
- Not undertake any task for which authorization and/or training has not been given.
Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, or disability, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state and local law.