Field Supervisor – Waynesburg, PA
Strad is a successful organization that thrives because of our great people working together to accomplish extraordinary things. Our core purpose is “Going Beyond, " which applies to how we treat our people. With competitive compensation, excellent benefits and a positive work environment, Strad is a perfect place to start and grow a career. Strad isn’t just a company; it’s a family, and we are always excited to add talented people to our team that share our core values or our “Guiding Principles.”
|Title||Field Supervisor - Waynesburg, PA|
|Reports to||Branch Manager|
|Location or Area||Waynesburg, PA|
- Oversees the day-to-day operations in the Strad Yard
- Preforms daily safety meeting with the team
- Plans each day’s activities, discusses plan with appropriate team members and insures that the plan is executed
- Receives all outside freight
- Maintain and reinforce consistent paperwork procedures to ensure integrity of information and inventory movements
- Works with the Dispatch Coordinator on shipping manifests, asset movements, and daily in/out asset logs to ensure accurate and complete reporting
- Review inventory and matting movement paperwork to ensure accuracy and detail within Strad’s asset tracking system
- Help troubleshoot and reconcile inventory problems and find solutions that maintains data integrity
- Responsible for locating, identifying and coordinating asset movements in the yard, to ensure product organization is functional for truck movement and asset number retrieval
- Ensures movement and storage activities are all in accordance with company HSE policies and industry practices and that all personnel involved in the material handling process, are in proper PPE gear
- Promptly addresses and resolves problems and issues as they arise
- Oversee matting repairs composite and wood
- Orders HDPE plastic weld material and fasteners
- Lister welder maintenance
- Monitor wood tool use making sure team is following safe work practices
- Act as a conflict mediator and help in the resolution of any workplace conflicts
- Coordinate and schedule all aspects of cleaning jobs from start to finish:
- Liaise with various teams to ensure proper process and paperwork flow
- Schedule manpower, equipment, water trucks, and haul off
- Review 3rd party invoices and ensure accuracy of information
- Collect, review and ensure proper sign-off on all paperwork to ensure accurate information, proper documentation and timely turnaround to other departments within 48 hours
- Communicate with all stakeholders of job status throughout project, this includes Branch Manager, Field
- Supervisors, Sales, Logistics, and Billing.
- Oversee and help to educate employees on proper mat grading assessments (A/B, Pipeline, etc.)
- Track heavy equipment maintenance and servicing as well as review (daily) inspection reports to identify equipment concerns or major upcoming repairs and downtime for management
- Maintains storage yard and shop cleanliness and order
Knowledge, Education, Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years’ experience in Oil and Gas industry specific experience, required.
- 1+ years’ experience in a supervisor role, strongly preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of Surface equipment and business unit.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
- Motivated to work independently.
- Project Management experience preferred.
- Flexible schedule is required.
- Able to implement innovate solutions to on-the-job challenges.
- High standards of integrity, energy level, and motivation that follow our Guiding Principles.
- Working in outdoor weather conditions in wet and extreme cold.
- Requires strenuous activities including walking, bending, climbing and being able to lift a minimum of 75 lbs.
- Must be mentally alert at all times.
- Long shifts, regularly 13 hour shifts of work and driving long distances in varying weather conditions
Health and Safety:
All Employees as a minimum must:
- Take reasonable care to prevent harm to themselves.
- Consider the potential for harm to others or the environment that may be caused by their acts or omissions.
- Work in accordance with information and training provided.
- Refrain from intentionally misusing or recklessly interfering with anything that has been provided for Health,
- Safety and Environmental reasons.
- Report any hazardous defects in plant, equipment and workplace, or shortcomings in the existing controls, to a responsible person without delay.
- Not undertake any task for which authorization and/or training has not been given.
Compensation & Benefits:
- All PPE gear supplied by Strad.
- Company paid health, dental, vision and life insurance available within month of hire.
- 401k retirement plan option with a 4% company match.
- Excellent employee rewards programs such as personal phone use credit, gym membership reimbursement, new boot program and much more.
Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, or disability, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state and local law.