Mobile Mat Washing Unit
Three Levels of Cleanliness
Strad provides a closed-loop mat washing system to combat strict environmental concerns when renting mats or moving them from one site to the next. Strad’s state-of-the-art portable mat washing units are capable of cleaning a variety of mats such as crane mats, wood mats, and rig mats ranging in size.
Level 1 – Mechanical Cleaning Features
- Minimal standard for mats contaminated by soil or plant materials
- Removes dust, soil, and plant materials by scraping, brushing, sweeping or using compressed air to blow off all the visible remaining soil or plant materials
- Level 1 Mechanical Cleaning – all visible soils and plant materials are physically removed from accessible surfaces
- Typically completed in dry or dusty conditions where soil accumulations are light
Level 2 – Washing Features
- Thoroughly washes mats with a pressure washer to remove all remaining plant materials and soil particles
- Level 2 Washing — removes particles from surfaces where soil accumulates
- Typically completed in wet or muddy conditions when soil accumulation is heavier
Level 3 – Disinfection Features
- After all soil and plant debris is removed
- Requires spraying all accessible surfaces in contact with soil with a 2% bleach solution
- Surfaces kept moist for 15 minutes to allow the disinfectant to destroy clubroot
- Level 3 follows either a Level 1 Mechanical Clean or a Level 2 Wash
Mobile Mat Washing Unit Advantages
When working in sensitive environments, our mobile mat wash units help stop the spread of noxious weeds or soil disease. Our mat washers allow you to pick the appropriate level of cleaning specific to your site conditions. They can also help disinfect mats prior to moving from one parcel to another.
Visit mapleleafmatting.com for all your eastern Canada matting needs!